Why Africa for your honeymoon?Africa is the ultimate romantic's dream. The long Indian Ocean coastline is littered with beautiful sun soaked coral islands and some of the most exclusive, yet unpretentious accommodations found anywhere in the world. What could be more perfect?
Need something more?Africa offers a vast array of unique experiences that will set apart your honeymoon from any other holiday. From gorilla trekking in the rainforests of Uganda to star gazing in the deserts of Namibia you are guaranteed to find a truly memorable experience that you will treasure forever.
To flip or to flop?Many honeymooners opt for a combination of safari and beach, but if that sounds like too much, why not just head straight for the beach? There are now loads of world class boutique properties to choose from, please see our pick of the best below:
Honeymoon on the Beach:
Top 10 honeymoon planning tips:
1. Book early to avoid disappointmentIdeally you should start making arrangements as soon as you know your dates, especially if you’re getting married during peak times such as July and August or Christmas and New Year. Most itineraries can be booked on a low deposit.
2. Check the weatherIf you have your heart set on a specific country, you may have to set your wedding around your honeymoon as not every destination enjoys good weather all year.
3. Special honeymoon offersWe have many special offers that are unique to honeymooners. These can include anything from discounted rates to unique experiences. Contact one of our team to get the latest info.
4. BudgetWe can work with your budget – we have access to everything, from beach huts to luxury retreats and all that’s in-between. Be honest and realistic from the outset with your budget and we will ensure that you get the very best honeymoon for you.
5. Wedding gift vouchersDon’t need another toaster? Why not get your friends and family to contribute to the cost of your honeymoon instead? We can run a gift list for your honeymoon at no extra cost.
6. Passport name changeWe would recommend booking all your flights and accommodations in the name that will be on your passport when you travel. If you want to get it changed to your new married name you must allow plenty of time.
7. Travel InsuranceDon’t leave home without it! In fact you should have it in place at the time of booking your honeymoon as insurance policies taken out after the date booking do not cover you for cancellation. Make sure your policy covers any honeymoon extras you might take like rings, and will cover you for any specific activities such as diving or trekking.
8. The High Street doesn’t cut itWhen planning a special trip it’s even more important to speak to a specialist. They will know your chosen destination inside out and will provide expert advice to ensure that all of your needs and expectations are met.
9. Not just a numberEveryone is different. Whether you want sun, sand, sea or safari we can arrange it. Discuss with your partner about what you want to do and how active you want to be and tell your agent.
10. Book and relaxWork with your agent until the itinerary is exactly right. Then book and relax.
Fancy following in Royal footsteps on your honeymoon?
Why not follow the same route as Prince William and Kate Middleton on their recent trip to Kenya and see firsthand the magic that inspired the Prince’s proposal. Book now and get an extra 15% off.
More info: Royal Footsteps Honeymoon Safari
Call: 0044 (0)1227 753181